- Excellent starting point for a career in the leisure industry
- Opportunity for career progression, as most leisure managers start off as Pool Lifeguards
- Varied working hours
- Work within a team
- The NPLQ is recognised around the world, so potential to work and travel
- Great way for students to fund studies
- Learn essential life skills, including First Aid and CPR
Register by calling Margaret 053-9234443
Course runs |Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Course cost €275.00 to include literature, exam form and assessment.
See our recruitment page for details
11am Monday 9th January 2017 for 8 weeks
7pm Thursday 12th January 2017 for 8 weeks
What is the Aquajogger?
The Aquajogger is a buoyancy belt that allows an early return to swimming pool exercises when you have an injury that would otherwise stop you from exercising. It clips around the waist and keeps your feet off the bottom of the pool, allowing the user to run without putting weight through their injury. It can significantly reduce the time that someone is out with a sports injury.
The Aquajogger is ideal where you have an injury that requires a rest from the impact of your normal sport. It enables you to allow the injury to recover, without suffering a decline in your general fitness level. By maintaining your general fitness in the pool, the recovery process is accelerated and you can get back to your sport faster.
The benefits of exercise in water can be continued even after regaining full fitness. These include:
- The pressure of the water in the pool improves circulation and reduces swelling in the injured areas.
- Water increases joint mobility and flexibility.
- Water induces relaxation and provides a feeling of well-being.
- Water pressure increases blood volume per heart stroke (this works your heart muscle more and over time your heart gets more efficient), enhancing cardiac conditioning.